Marine protected areas, if managed correctly, can be an extraordinary tool of regeneration.
Which is what is currently happening in the Salento region: the towns of Torre Guaceto and Porto Cesareo are efficiently combining fisherman activities with the safeguard of marine coastal ecosystems and tourism. The aim of the Fishing Labs project is to connect the two famed marine protected areas, known all over Italy and the world, to a number of small fishing communities in the area in order to increase biodiversity, on which many fishermen depend.
The event is held in collaboration with Iyafa and Lighthouse Foundation.
- Alessandro Ciccolella, director of the marine protected area of Torre Guaceto.
- Cosimo De Biasi, fisherman from the Torre Guaceto marine protected area.
- Luciana Muscogiuri, marine biologist of the marine protected area of Torre Guaceto.
- Barbara Colelli, fisherwoman from the Torre Guaceto marine protected area.
- Paula Barbeito Morandeira, Slow Fish international coordinator.
Free entry while seats last. We advise you to arrive 10 minutes early to ensure a place.
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto is in Parco Dora, Turin, from September 22-26, 2022, with over 600 exhibitors and a series of workshops, conferences and tastings that show how we can regenerate our planet through food. #TerraMadre2022 is a Slow Food event.
Event languages: IT
Ingressi Borgaro e Mortara - Torino (Italy)
GPS: 45.092073, 7.665029