If you think of a wine-making town, you probably imagine a small of medium-sized community in some hilly area.
But big cities can be wine towns too. In this Workshop we’ll explore the possibility of regenerating the urban fabric through agriculture, and the advantages that urban viticulture brings.
Among the cases we’ll consider are the wines of Gemischter Satz of Vienna, a Slow Food Presidium, produced with a mix of grape varieties over 700 hectares around the Austrian capital. Beyond Vienna, we’ll taste examples from Barcelona, Naples and other European cities, to show how urban viticulture can provide good, clean and fair wines.
Tickets are available online until September 21. During the event you can purchase any remaining tickets at the Event Reception in Parco Dora.
- Spagna L’Olivera, Vinyes de Barcelona (Sirah, Garnacha)
- Austria Fritz Weingut, Wiener Grüner Veltliner 2020
- Napoli Cantina Astroni, Colle Rotondella Campi Flegrei Piedirosso 2021 (Piedirosso)
- Bolzano Nusserhof, Gloria 2012 (Lagrein)
- Torino Balbiano, Vigna Villa della Regina 2018 (Freisa)
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto is in Parco Dora, Turin, from September 22-26, 2022, with over 600 exhibitors and a series of workshops, conferences and tastings that show how we can regenerate our planet through food.
Event languages: IT, EN
Ingressi Borgaro e Mortara - Torino (Italy)
GPS: 45.092073, 7.665029