A land of borders, Friuli Venezia Giulia is characterized by a strong Mitteleuropean feel. A border that has always been disputed, steeped in the contamination of different neighbouring cultures and passing populations.
Cultural mixes that have characterised the typical products and the traditions associated with them, influences that colour production philosophies and the stories handed down from generation to generation.
Several appointments a day to discover and taste the products of the collective “Io Sono FVG” and the products of the Presidia, to which 16 people can access for free at a time by reservation.
The program on September 24
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. | Roundtable discussion on bread with Udine urban bakers and the Slow Food Community of San Marco | Presentation of the project to recover the cultivation of ancient grains, with tasting of breads from the producers present paired with Slow Food Presidia.
- 12.30 – 1.30 p.m. | Show cooking by chef Kevin Gaddi | Chef Kevin Gaddi, Friuli Venezia Giulia’s Ambassador of Taste, presents potato gnocchi with bear garlic pesto, grated Montasio DOP cheese and varhackara.
- 2 – 3 p.m. | Discovering the Presidia of the ancient apples of upper Friuli and the onion of Cavasso and Val Cosa | Workshop to discover the red-robed onion and the ancient varieties of apples from Friuli grown by the Borgo delle Mele company.
- 4 – 5 p.m. | Discovering Sea Buckthorn |The farm Olispin presents the production of jams, herbal teas and juices made from sea buckthorn, a plant native to FVG region.
- 6 – 7 p.m. | The different faces of Ribolla Gialla | Guided tasting of a selection of wines from the Slow Wine guide accompanied by illustrations created by two cartoonists. Paired with products from the Slow Food Presidia
All events are free. You can book your place by writing to by Laura Antoniacomi, firstname.lastname@example.org, +39 366 6599813
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto is in Parco Dora, Turin, from September 22-26, 2022, with over 600 exhibitors and a series of workshops, conferences and tastings that show how we can regenerate our planet through food. #TerraMadre2022 is a Slow Food event. Free entry!
Event languages: IT, EN
Corso Mortara - Torino (Italy)
GPS: 45.0901567, 7.6727476