They can be baked, salted, spiced, perfumed with hay, and made with milk of cows, sheep or goats: Italian ricotta isn’t a monolithic product, but a wide range of cheeses.
In this Taste Workshop we’ll explore some of its more fascinating iterations:
- baked ricotta made using cow’s milk from Sicily
- fermented sheep’s milk ricotta from Puglia
- Valnerina Ricotta Salata (Slow Food Presidium), made in Umbria from sheep milk by traditional herders
- Saras del Fen (Slow Food Presidium) from Piedmont, made with a mix of cow, sheep and goat whey and aged in hay
- Sardinian sheep’s milk ricotta
The accompanying breads are provided by bakers from the Slow Grains network in southern Italy.
To pair, the wines of Madrevite, Cascina Gilli and Santadi as selected by the Wine Bank of Pollenzo Banca del Vino Pollenzo – Italy
Tickets are available online until September 21. During the event you can purchase any remaining tickets at the Event Reception in Parco Dora.
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto is in Parco Dora, Turin, from September 22-26, 2022, with over 600 exhibitors and a series of workshops, conferences and tastings that show how we can regenerate our planet through food.
Event languages: IT, EN
Ingressi Borgaro e Mortara - Torino (Italy)
GPS: 45.092073, 7.665029