Slow Food has created an international network of markets which is growing and expanding, step by step and day by day, always involving new countries and new communities. There are now 85 Earth Markets in 28 countries.
The leading players are small food producers and artisans. They sell only what they produce and process: namely fresh local produce that respects the environment and the work of the people behind it. The Earth Markets are also spaces for building communities, for forging exchanges and for education. Here we describe some of the most significant experiences.
- Amorelle Dempster, coordinator of the Earth Market in Maitland, Australia
- Yurany Lopez, coordinator of the Earth Market in Bogota, Colombia.
- John Kiwagalo, coordinator of the Earth Markets in Uganda.
- Andrew Penalosa, representative of the Slow Food Community of Negros Island, Philippines and pop-up Earth Market.
- Monika Slizikova & Magdalena Sandrikova, Slow Food Earth Market Batovce.
- Roberta Billitteri, coordinator of the Earth Markets in Italy
Free entry while seats last. We advise you to arrive 10 minutes before the event starts to ensure a place.
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto is in Parco Dora, Turin, from September 22-26, 2022, with over 600 exhibitors and a series of workshops, conferences and tastings that show how we can regenerate our planet through food. #TerraMadre2022 is a Slow Food event. Free entry.
Event languages: IT, EN
Ingressi Borgaro e Mortara - Torino (italy )
GPS: 45.092073, 7.665029