The Soil Circle is for all our adventurous young visitors who want to get their hands dirty!
At the Soil Circle we’ll learn about all the gifts the soil gives us.
Stage 1: Under the earth
- Our food begins underground, in the soil, with all its microbiological complexity, its consistencies and colors.
Stage 2: Soil on our plate
- Just how essential is the soil for our food? See the difference for yourself! A rich, fertile soil gives us good, healthy food, while poor soils can’t give us much at all.
Stage 3: Worms, our friends
- The soil is a densely-populated place; at least, it should be. Soil fauna includes mammals (like moles!), arthropods, bacteria, and worms. There’s a whole world beneath our feet, and each hectare of land can contain as much as 5000 kilos of biomass, which our legless friends tirelessly process.
Stage 4: Crazy for chickens
- Chickens, when left to roam freely, do wonders for the soil beneath their feet. This stage of the journey is dedicated to the poultry value chain, the beauty and variety of domesticated chicken breeds, to their curiosity and their intelligence!
Stage 5: Laying eggs
- The last stage is dedicated to one of the greatest symbols of regeneration: the egg! We present an exhibiton of these marvelous, fragile forms, from chickens, ducks, geese, quails and more.
The Soil Circle is free, and is suitable for both children and adults.
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto is in Parco Dora, Turin, from September 22-26, 2022, with over 600 exhibitors and a series of workshops, conferences and tastings that show how we can regenerate our planet through food.
Event languages: IT, EN, ES
Corso Mortara - Torino (Italy)
GPS: 45.0901567, 7.6727476