The boundary between urban and rural, in the common imagination, appears as a sharp line. Instead, the countryside often reaches straight to the heart of cities, maintaining seeds of rural history and culture. It also does so through viticulture.
What does it mean to carry on an urban vineyard? How can a vineyard make the city greener and more inclusive? We discuss this with several vintners who care for the urban context by protecting and carrying on stories of vines, life, and beyond.
At the end of the meeting, a tasting of city wines will be offered to participants by Cincinnato Winery.
- Giovanna Trisorio, Cincinnato winery sales manager, City of Rome.
- Luca Balbiano, Urban Vineyard Association (also winemaker in Turin’s Villa della Regina).
- Martí Monfort, winemaker of the company L’Olivera – Can Calopa de Dalt (L’Olivera: Cultura de Marges – vins i olis ecològics), maintains the only urban vineyard in Barcelona.
- Francesco Olivera, urban vineyard producer from Barcelona.
- Cristina Varchetta, representing Cantine Astroni.
- Carolyne Steel, architect and expert in food-city relations.
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto is in Parco Dora, Turin, from September 22-26, 2022, with over 600 exhibitors and a series of workshops, conferences and tastings that show how we can regenerate our planet through food. #TerraMadre2022 is a Slow Food event.
Event languages: IT, EN
Ingressi Verolengo e Mortara - Torino (italy )
GPS: 45.092435, 7.666317