Women who care for the land and protect it in the best possible way.
The Arena will host different experiences of women, all linked to the Slow Food networks. We will talk about the Slow Wine Coalition to discuss agroecology in the vineyard, which requires a comprehensive knowledge of seeds, land and resources. The Indigenous Terra Madre network, on the other hand, unearths a problem that is unfortunately still very much a reality: how difficult it is for women to set up a business. As a matter of fact, they almost never have access to land or have economic assets that they can invest.
- Thresa Bwalya, SFYN activist in Zambia
- Sharon Chelangat, spokesperson of Mt. Elgon Benet Bee Keepers Slow Food Community, Uganda
- Muna Asus, spokesperson of Nablus for the involvement of youth Slow Food Community, Palestine.
- Carolina Alvarado, Slow Food Chile President.
- Margaret Tunda Lepore, Terra Madre Indigenous Advisory Board member for Africa.
Free entry while seats last. We advise you to arrive 10 minutes early to ensure a place.
Terra Madre Salone del Gusto is in Parco Dora, Turin, from September 22-26, 2022, with over 600 exhibitors and a series of workshops, conferences and tastings that show how we can regenerate our planet through food. #TerraMadre2022 is a Slow Food event.
Event languages: IT, EN, ES, FR
Ingressi Borgaro e Mortara - Torino (Italy)
GPS: 45.092073, 7.665029